Saturday, 26 September 2009

WORST DAY OF MY LIFE:::::25TH JUNE 2009

WORST DAY OF MY LIFE:::::25TH JUNE 2009


Hello everyone....

A new day and as promised I m back with a new post......





So where were we......?

Yup I was suppose to take u on a trip to IIT JEE 2009 and its subsequent events which were largely responsible for where I m today





So where to begin.......Ok the day was Thursday......

Exactly three months ago on the 25th of June a sleepless night was followed by nervy morning....

Sitting anxiously in front of my solitary friend (yup my age old 2.4 GHz P.C) I was waiting anxiously for the clock to show 8:00.

The time when the results of the most important exam of my life were suppose to be declared....

How much I yearned to get into IIT only I can tell. How much hard work I had put and just how much sacrifice I had made to get a seat in IIT only I know....

But all of it came down to this very moment...

Exams had not quite gone according to the plan...... got quite nervous and made two silly mistakes...might sound of little significance but those who have given JEE know how much every question counts...

Anyways I was expecting a score of about 232 in 480 which would fetch me a rank somewhere in mid 2ks or early 3ks...

Though my parents and close relatives who thought me to be just next to Einstein were confident of me finishing in top 1000.Even my tutors and teachers in FIITJEE, Bokaro expected me to get through with a respectable rank...moreso because the CBSE board results had been declared a day before and I had secured 93.2% aggregate.

Too nervous my constant glare never winked for a second, staring relentlessly at the watch and intermittently gazing the computer screen.....

Sudden pangs of fear jerked me every now and then, what if I fail to get through...How much will those two questions matter in the end...will I at all get a seat in IIT-DELHI...of which I had dreamt day in and day out since getting 95.6 %in my tenth boards (I was intelligent u see......or maybe CBSE is too dumb)

And finally the moment arrived... it was sharp 8 o clock...I entered my roll no in IIT Bombay’s website and clicked on submit...two seconds filled with adrenaline and then the page went blank......



http forbidden error 402







was the next thing I saw on my screen.....Holy shit......absolute network collapse...gush of blood throughout my veins and this continued for the next 2 hrs.......





all of a sudden at about 10:05 I repeated the procedure again which I had been religiously practicing for the past two hrs...entered my roll and clicked on submit......and for a change this time a page opened;;;





Yes the worst webpage of my life so far....





Read it aloud



Congratulations ...roll no 9501587 has successfully qualified in IIT JEE 2009 and your All India Rank is 6634"











What?????6634????

















I still pity the little optical mouse (intex) which even today lies on my computer table in a broken state...I banged it as hard as i cud unable to believe wat my eyes had just seen.......6634 damn shit.....that bad........never even in my nightmares had i thought of rank so bad...I went blank in a state of utmst shock





Meanwhile the phone had never stopped ringing. Friends ,Friends of friends, relatives close and distant, teachers and many well wishers all excited to know what had happened....till now I had no answer and now I didn’t want to answer......the cradle was put off....





Wanted to check again but the network failed me for the second time.........

Parents face said it all but they pretended to be happy...after all I was 6634th amongst the race of around 4 lakh people...An achievement ain't it but not good enough. I knew I would get nothing but a piece of shit in IIT and all I cud see in front of me was a fan a chair and a rope......SUICIDE....... as I had promised my room mate(he is still burning his ass in Kota hoping to clear JEE next yr)

that I would surely suicide if I don’t get through....

But call it my bad luck or maybe good fortune I was hung midway. Technically I had qualified but effectively that rank did not mean a seat in IIT........

Depression would only be a small word to describe my condition.....went off to sleep with the hope that I never get up...

But it was my life and no fairy tale...

I did wake up and had to face the harsh reality.....

Wanted to leave it all and go away but something stopped me...........my best friend (as expected yes she is a girl but remember just my best friend and nothing else)...delicate darling as we friends use to call her is presently pursuing a B.A. Hons course in one of the most reputed institutes of the country...called me up ...

me too devastated to talk to her....

She expected a lot from me...maybe an under 100 or something...but her words were just so encouraging.....gave me a new hope to survive....



come on dude, chill, you qualified right, think about the other 4 lakh people who could not and anyways IIT isn’t the end of life is it....You are hero and will always remain one,atleast for me.....you are destined for greater things than IIT....that’s my word and take it"



Whereevr you are girl…..I owe part of my life to you…





Well me getting all emotional.....maybe I would continue tomorrow...

I think I lingered too much......but guys this was the redefining day of my life...So do bear ...and I promise to be precise from next time........will continue from here tomorrow.........





Signing off.hope u find it interesting……….

4 comments:

  1. Nice post :). 'She-who-must-not-be-named' is tolly right. You actually contemplated suicide... What an arse :P. Anyway you are doing more than good now, and you should be happy with it :).

    Keep blogging, ciao...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad u survived it all as I expected of u...certainly lyk a" hero"....keep going !! lyf has bigger and better things in store fr u...

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think my comment might b a little too late but u have xplained the pain f not gettin into an iit brilliantly..........cheers dude......btr luck 2 both f us in the next birth!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i scored 179 in JEE2009 and got 6720 AIR.so your marks must be in 180's.how can 2 silly mistakes get u from 232 to 180 or 181.

    ReplyDelete